Thanks to restlessboundaries for nominating me! If you haven’t checked this blog yet, you should stop by and read the beautiful travel accounts and inspirational stories.
Here are my answers to the questions asked of me by restlessboundaries .
1.What is your ideal vacation?
I love to explore places on foot. I love being outdoors. I like rustic. I love laid back. I love mountains. An ideal vacation would consist of all these, maybe in a remote mountain village in the midst of the tranquil Middle Himalayas.
2.Are you a morning person or a night person?
I am definitely not a night person, that’s for sure. I love it when I wake up early and go for long walks. It charges me up for the whole day. But the evil of laziness does catch up with me quite a lot of times.
3.What is your favorite leisure activity?
Doing nothing. Unless of course I am hooked on to some interesting new book, or a new photography idea.
4.If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
In the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan. I was brought up there as a child. I would love to go back if I could.
5.What are three things on your bucket list?
a. Travel all of India. b. positively influence the lives of at least ten people, in what way I am yet to come up with. c. run an ultra-marathon
6.Do you prefer dogs or cats?
I don’t like the idea of keeping pets, though I don’t have anything against people who do. I guess I would prefer a dog.
7.What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
During my school days in Bhutan, I used to go for long solo walks in the evening , on a road beside a mountain river, surrounded on all sides by lofty mountains. Depending on the season, the terraces would have crops of paddy, chilies or mustard. I loved the view when the mustard crop was in bloom. One of the many enduring memories of that time is of mountain terraces colored yellow with the mustard blooms.
8.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A cricketer, a soldier, a geneticist. These are the ones I remember.
9.What is your favorite home-cooked meal?
I love home cooked food, especially ones that my mother cooks. I love fish prepared by Mom in traditional Bengali style. I love typical Bengali curries like Chochhori (fried mixed veggies), Shukto (mixed veggies in a light gravy). etc. However, the best of them all is the simplest spread of steamed rice, lentils and an omelette. Nothing can beat the simplicity of this meal and the contentment it brings to my heart.
10.What is your favorite holiday?
One that has me rambling in some new place, with no known faces around other than that of my best friend, my wife.
11.What is something you know now that you wish you had learned sooner?
That I love telling stories. If I had known sooner, I would have gotten much better at it by now.
11 random facts about me.
- I am a typical Arian
- I am a foodie. I love Hyderabadi Biryani so much that I got non alcoholic steatosis, eating too much of it.
- I love to play carrom. I used to be a champion at it during University days.
- I am an introvert.
- I love trekking in the monsoons. I did it twice in the Sahyadri mountains and I simply loved it. I am waiting for another such opportunity.
- My favorite soccer team is Argentina. I love Maradona and Messi. My favorite football club in Barcelona.
- My favorite author is Bengali novelist Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay and my favorite novel by him is Srikanto. It talks about a normal guy bitten by the bug of wanderlust.
- I love to photograph birds and insects.
- I would like to be born in Italy or Switzerland in my next life because I love cheese, pizza and chocolate.
- I wish I could be like Bear Grylls.
- I love Hampi, it is the most laid back, idyllic holiday destination. It is a concoction of history, rustic life, great food, pot, music and hippies.
- What do you remember most about your first school?
- What is true love according to you?
- What do you think makes you special, sets you apart?
- Do you like the mountains or the sea. Given a choice where would you like to go for a holiday?
- Who is your favorite character?
- What inspires you to write?
- What’s your favorite music from your childhood?
- Did you ever wish you were someone else?
- If given a choice would you like to spend a weekend on an island alone or in a group?
- What change would you bring in your life if you won a million dollar lottery tomorrow?
- What is your favorite beverage?